1. Noticed that some of the sound effects were very loud at times, most notably the bird chirping at the fork in the road.
We haven’t spent too much time on picking suitable sound effects so far and thus we are aware of their poor quality. Sounds and music will be completely reworked in the final release.
2. Within combat, I did notice the same problem Sven reported, occasionally it was difficult to perform an attack from certain angles/positions.
Yes, this is probably the most serious issue in the current state. We chose the camera angle on purpose to reduce the sight distance but unfortunately it brought those problems with selecting characters and objects. We need to work on it a bit more.
3. Combat feedback would be helpful to have, it took me some time to realize that the reason I couldn't perform certain abilities was because the character ran out of MP or actions for the turn. Some little pop up or notification that you don't have the required MP/action/etc would be great to have.
We are planning to add a combat log and some visual and text notifications as well.
4. Mouse look or a look toggle mode would be great to have before the larger areas are finished, having to hold the right mouse button down all the time did strain my fingers some.
We understand your discomfort about the old-school control system but it is necessary to have a mouse cursor available on screen rather than free-look (as it was in older games). Searching for objects around you to investigate them or pick them up is an essesntial part of the gameplay. However, there will be an option to activate “free-look” as default and hold ALT key to show the cursor.
5. Not sure if this was intentional or not, but I did find that you could not only jump up trees but walk/run up them as well. Did notice this the most with the trees beyond the bandits, awkward but did get some great views of the village using a couple of them.
The “squirrel mode” is not intentional of course
Our tree models have irregular colliders and for some unknown reasons the Unity considers them suitable for climbing. It will be fixed soon.
Other than that it looks solid enough in my opinion for an alpha, really looking forward to seeing how it progresses. Also hoping for a way to recover health/stamina/mp is being planned in the future during combat, looks very easy to run out! And hearing news about development between lengths of time helps even if it's just talking about snag or if it's hit a slow point.
Any type of regeneration during battles is intentionally reduced to minimum. Stamina can be partially regained by using the “Rest” action but significant health/MP regeneration must be done by camping and spending extra time (in higher difficulties you are given only limited number of in-game days to finish certain story-related objectives and therefore you are forced not to waste your resources thoughtlessly).
Thank you for your alpha testing and your feedback.
Nefarit, Team 21for the translation thank my friend Radovan